Orchestra Tech Rider
1) Professional lighting and sound system adequate for venue, with experienced sound technicians to assist with sound check, rehearsal and performances. See attached stage plot for layout.
2) Stage setup including PA must be complete 2 hours in advance of rehearsal. At that time we will need to perform a sound check to set monitor levels, tweek balance and EQ. We request that in advance of the sound check the monitors have been "rung out," attenuating frequencies that ring in that stage environment, in order to eliminate feedback.
3) Four (4) clean Dressing Rooms to accommodate two people each, through run of show.
4) Non-carbonated water (i.e. Evian) and cups. Please have water available at rehearsal and performance.
5) Please allow broadcast and print media access to photograph and/or videotape segments of the rehearsal or performance with the orchestra, for promotional purposes. No flash photography during the performance, please.
6) Please provide rehearsal and performance schedule as soon as possible. Also provide name and address of who is to receive orchestral arrangements and scores, along with the date you will require to have them.
7) Please have ground transportation available through duration of stay.
8) Hotel. Nonsmoking rooms please.
1) Grand piano tuned prior to rehearsal and tuning touched up prior to performance.
2) Acoustic String Bass, already equipped with pickup. If not, our bassist can bring his own pickup. Bass amplifier, preferably Walter Woods with separate 15" speaker cabinet. Second choice, Eden combo amplifier. Third choice SWR, Ampeg, Centaur or GK combo amplifier.
3) Drums: Yamaha Maple Custom. Second choice: any other model Yamaha kit. Third choice: Pearl.
Hardware: Prefer Yamaha.
Drum Heads: Remo Ambassador or Remo Fiberskin III Diplomat
Our drummer will bring own cymbals.
1) Five UHF wireless microphones for quartet and pianist. Prefer Sony or Sennheiser.
Microphone Input Listvocal mic 1 (wireless)
Additional micing of orchestra is at the discretion of the music director.
2) Monitors. See stage plot for placement and mix information (2 mixes). Mix 1: vocals only Mix 2: vocals, piano, bass, hi-hat
3) Equalization. Two dedicated 1/3 octave EQ's (i.e.: Klarkteknik DN360) for monitors and house mains.
1) Two or three crew members will be required, one at control board, one or two on follow spot(s).
Some arrangements will involve only:
These should be musicians with jazz/ jazz big band experience.
They will need to be seated together, closer to the conductor for those numbers.